Bayernhof is located close to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and is accessible from 3 interstate roads (PA Turnpike, I-79, and I-279). Rt. 28 North between Pittsburgh and Harmarville offers the easiest route going to Sharpsburg.
1. Go to Main Street in Sharpsburg.
2. Turn onto 15th Street (15th Street only goes north off of Main Street).
3. Go through 2nd stop sign to "T" and bear right.
4. Go to first stop sign (three-way stop) and bear right on Kittanning Pike.
5. Go approximately 0.3 mile and turn right onto Harding Road (a very steep hill).
6. Go through the 1st stop sign. Continue approx. 0.1 mile and turn right onto St. Charles Place.
7. Go to cul-de-sac at the end of St. Charles Place and turn left through first set of stone pillars.
8. If gate is closed, push the button on the gate pad to call the house and the gate will be opened.
NOTE: On the day of your tour, please arrive at Bayernhof approximately 15 minutes before the tour is scheduled to begin.